Friday 30 May 2014

Child to Doll Pyjama Bottoms - Tutorial and Pattern


Both my girls wore and loved these giraffe flannel pyjamas. Wore and loved them so much that they wore out. Rather than consign them to the scrap heap, I decided to refashion them into doll's pyjama bottoms.

Here's how I did it:

Step 1: Cut open seams at inside leg and crotch.


Step 2: Cut out doll size pants with pattern. I drafted one from an existing pair of doll pants. Here is my pattern draft, if you want to use it.

I kept the existing hem because the piping was really cute, and hey, less work for me!


Step 3: Sew right sides together along inside leg seam. Finish edges.


Step 4: Turn one leg right side out.


Step 4a: Insert right side out leg into other leg...


...until it looks like you just have one leg.


Step 5: Sew crotch seam all the way round in one piece. Leave a 1 inch space at one end of the seam.
Here I have marked the seam line with blue chalk. The start is marked with the scissors, the finish, with space, marked by the pencil. Finish seam allowances.


Step 6: Pull pants right side out and admire your work.


Step 7: Measure doll's waist for elastic. I got lazy here and sewed the elastic into a loop, folded the loop into the waistband and topstitched it closed.


Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...