Sunday 28 May 2017

Me-Made-May '17: Week 4

"I, Cathy of Cathy Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '17. I endeavour to wear something me-made each day for the duration of May 2017"

I also pledge to take a daily #OOTD photo and post it on Instagram.


Final Week!

Monday 22 May 2017
Wearing: Navy Linen Shirt Dress (2015)
Weather: pleasant
Activity: work
Chances: 15%. Getting dressed was really hard today. I really, really wanted to wear one of my RTW summer work dresses. I had three suitable contenders, and I only really get to wear them in June. I went for this as the closest next best thing, mainly because it is a solid colour, but I struggle to match it to a suitable jacket. (And it is a bit short for un-tanned legs.)

Tuesday 23 May 2017
Wearing: Hibiscus Dress (2016)
Weather: humid
Activity: work
Chances: 95%. So much fun to get out my summer dresses again! I had to alter this because the bias neckline stretched out terribly - despite stay stitching. I should have used the facing from the pattern, instead of bias binding. I unpicked the side seam at the gathers and pulled it in and down, by quite a lot. (That is an actual measurement!) Hope it holds.

Wednesday 24 May 2017
Wearing: Sashiko Birds Dress (2015)
Weather: lovely
Activity: walked to work
Chances: 100%. One of my favourite summer dresses.

Thursday 25 May 2017
Wearing: Floral Peony Dress (2016)
Weather: lovely
Activity: at work, dreaming about a last minute invitation to the Chelsea Flower Show.
Chances: 100%. This is the outfit that I didn't make in time for the show last year, when I actually did have an invitation. Better late than never.


Friday 26 May 2017
Wearing: Garden Skirt (2014)
Weather: lovely
Activity: inside, sewing up some summer hats.
Chances: 100%. I love this summer skirt, and I felt bad that I didn't wear it for MMM last year, so I made sure it got in this year. Not great with this light coloured top though.

Saturday 27 May 2017
Wearing: Silk Poppy Top (2017)
Weather: not as good as we hoped
Activity: at home
Chances: 0%. But it was nice to try out this top in a more casual outfit, I like it this way. I've really got to take in the side seams, it's a tent.

Sunday 28 May 2017
Wearing: Dyed Broderie Dress (2015)
Weather: same
Activity: visiting friends in the countryside
Chances: 5%. This dress is quite good for spring, because it feels summery, but the relatively heavy weight means it is quite warm. I'm so pleased I dyed it from white to this chambray look.

Thoughts

It was so much easier, getting dressed this week! This was entirely due to the weather changing dramatically for the better. We don't often get a run of hot, sunny days in May, but we did this year. It is amazing how much your wardrobe changes; suddenly, floral dresses are appropriate office wear. 

I stopped posting to Instagram. I didn't mind taking a photo, and they look fine as a collage here, but they were so boring on IG. The same person, same location, same pose, same crop, every day. Bleh! I would rather do a wrap up, as a collage instead. I could also try to capture a details shot instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...