Sunday 7 May 2017

Me-Made-May '17: Week 1

"I, Cathy of Cathy Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '17. I endeavour to wear something me-made each day for the duration of May 2017"

I also pledge to take a daily #OOTD photo and post it on Instagram.



Day 1: Monday 1 May
Wearing: Silk Poppy Top (2017), Bamboo Oslo Cardigan (2016)
Weather: overcast, chilly
Activity: friends for lunch
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 50% The top is a bit too smart and summery for a day at home, but it was finished the day before, so I would have been quite likely to wear it. Weather was a bit cold for this, but it was nice to wear.

Day 2: Tuesday 2 May
Wearing: Tilly Delphine Cashmere Skirt (2016)
Weather: sunny, cool
Activity: work
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 5%. I don't like wearing black tights in the Spring. I am wearing this at the beginning of the month so that I can put it away with my Winter things.

Day 3: Wednesday 3 May
Wearing: Wine Wool Pinstripe Pencil Skirt (2014)
Weather: cold
Activity: work
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 10%. I wear this skirt 1-2 times a year. I need to alter it, but I'm procrastinating because pegging six seams and re-doing the lining around the two vents is not my idea of a good time.

Day 4: Thursday 4 May
Wearing: Megan Dress (2015)
Weather: cool
Activity: work
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 90%. I wear this dress often, it is a great work dress. But it has recently shrunk, and I am eating too much sugar, so I am not as keen on this dress as I used to be.



Day 5: Friday 5 May
Wearing: Geo Karen Dress (2017)
Weather: pleasant
Activity: train to Bath
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 100%. I love this dress!

Day 6: Saturday 6 May
Wearing: Colette Dahlia Dress (2015), Cream Miette Cardigan (2014)
Weather: windy
Activity: city break in Bath
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 2%. I don't really like this dress, but it is comfy and looks fine if I wear the cardigan over.

Day 6, outfit 2
Wearing: Black Karen Dress (2016)
Weather: evening
Activity: dinner
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 100%. I might never make a different dress pattern again.

Day 7: Sunday 7 May
Wearing: Zig Zag Dress (2013)
Weather: pleasant
Activity: brunch and train home to see the kiddies
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 20%. This is the professed favourite dress of my little one, so I wore it for the journey home. Packing list for weekend away: 4 stretchy dresses, one pair of boots, one pair of heels, one cardigan, one jacket.

I also woke up in my Feather PJ Top (2017) every day, wore my Floral Vogue Coat (2016) on Wednesday and Thursday, my brown cashmere jumper (2013) in the evenings, and my 70s floral beach dress (2013) to the pool at the hotel.

This week wasn't difficult. I wear quite a few me-made things these days. I planned all my outfits on Trello, using my finished project cards. Divided into Work / Casual then Cool / Warm Weather. I've started with Work + Cool Weather so I can retire my Winter wardrobe. A city break was fun. This is the first trip we have taken alone together since we had children 10.5 years ago. My city break wardrobe consists entirely of stretchy dresses + boots. Easy to pack, comfortable and smart, and I have plenty of them.

I found the daily photo challenge to be quite fun too. My front steps have worked well as backdrop recently, so I carried on with that location. I feel a bit shy about posting photos, but it is useful to see how the clothes look on me, so I am posting daily photos of the whole outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...