Sunday 21 May 2017

Me-Made-May '17: Week 3

"I, Cathy of Cathy Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '17. I endeavour to wear something me-made each day for the duration of May 2017"

I also pledge to take a daily #OOTD photo and post it on Instagram.


Monday, 15 May 2017
WearingBlack Karen Dress (2016)
Weather: rainy
Activity: work
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 70%. I should pull this out for work more often and not save it for "best".

Tuesday, 16 May 2017
Wearing: Yellow Spot Shirt (2015)
Weather: nice
Activity: work
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 0%. I always wear this as a casual top, but I am running out of me-made workwear. I love the way the yellow collar looks with a navy jacket: Summer colours at the office! Especially because the weather is not yet good enough to get out my print dresses.

Wednesday, 17 May 2017
Wearing: Navy Pin Dot Peony Dress (2015)
Weather: humid
Activity: work
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 0%. I struggle with this dress, but today seemed like the right weather: warm, rainy, overcast. It was pouring this afternoon, so I didn't get a picture. Snapped on Thursday instead.

Thursday, 18 May 2017
WearingVogue Floral Coat (2016)
Weather: sunny
Activity: work
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 30%. I'm tired of me mades for work, so I threw on RTW with this coat over the top.


Friday, 19 May 2017
WearingMiette II Cardigan (2014), Rainbow Scarf (2016), Stride Socks (2016)
Weather: sunny
Activity: mooching around the house with a cold (a.k.a. man flu)
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 60%. I would likely have worn the cardigan and the socks. The scarf is because my husband swears by keeping your neck warm when you have a cold. This one is a bit scratchy, but I liked the cheerful colour. In the photo, I am not wearing the socks, but they helped out by being my Instagram post. I don't like getting made up for no other reason than to take a photo for social media, and yet I also don't like posting a photo without hair and makeup!

Saturday, 20 May 2017
WearingMiette Cardigan (2014), Stride Socks (2016)
Weather: ok
Activity: still sick
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 65%. It was a good day to get this cardigan out. The length is to short and the neckline too wide, but I love the yarn, and I wear it quite often in Spring.

Sunday, 21 May 2017
WearingMolly Top (2017)
Weather: v. nice
Activity: Regent's Park, Mexican dinner
Chances I would have worn this if it were not MMM: 0%. This top is falling apart. I only saved it to wear this month. The fabric is too loud too. I love the shape though, so I'm on the lookout for the right fabric for another one.

Thoughts
It's getting a bit tiresome now. Week 3 is not a good week: so far in that I've worn all my good options, and so far from the end that I'm not excited about the final push. I didn't get photos on two of the days. The weather was pouring and I didn't feel like doing nasty photos inside. Truthfully, I wasn't that excited about my outfit. But I photographed one of them this weekend instead and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Can you spot which one?

I'm also noticing that I'm not really wearing any of my early makes. Am I only interested in new clothes, or have I got better at making more of what I want to wear..?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...