Ahh Molly, what a cruel mistress you are! You look so lovely on Lisa Comfort, but so terrible on me.
After my dreadful experience of the Striped Molly Dress, I am so relieved that I have been able to salvage something that I like from this fabric.
I had a large-ish square of fabric left, maybe 75 x 75 cm. I sewed the edges together into a tube shape (got those stripes matched!) and hemmed the bottom. Then I tried it on, to the length I wanted, and cut off the excess at the top at my natural waist. I then pinched out two darts at either side of the waist, and a small amount at the back seam. I managed to sew these on my overlocker and they came out pretty well.
After that, I added a length of black elastic as the waistband, and wore it out for the afternoon.
I'm so relieved that I could bounce back quickly from the fail!