Sunday 10 January 2016

Top 5 of 2015: Sewing

Here is my final roundup: my 5 favourite sewing projects of 2015.                                                 

1. Red Bow Dress


I love this dress! I wear it often and it always feels fun and lively. I get compliments too. After I made it, I did go back and let out the back darts to stop it clinging around the tummy (I forgot to do a short waist adjustment), and it looks better. The fabric is starting to stretch a bit around the backside, but will hopefully stand up to a few more seasons of wear.






2. Yellow Spot Top


Another fun and lively make that I really enjoy wearing. Interesting fabric, unusual colour, perfect pattern choice.










3. Navy Linen Dress


A hat trick of primary colours! This is a wardrobe staple that I have worn a lot. But I am going to shorten it for the SS16 season.










4. Sashiko Birds Dress


This almost didn't make the list, but the fun pattern and lovely colour wins over the cotton. Maybe all my Summer makes could do with being above the knee?









5. Doll Fur Accessories


This squeaks into 5th place because I had such fun styling and photographing this project. What you can't see is the black blanket, covered in lint (which I airbrushed out), hanging from a bookshelf, weighted by a toy box. Me on my kitchen floor, propping up a mirror, taken from the hall wall, to reflect the artificial light on to the dolls face! But the outfit is good fun too, and I secretly wish I had a fur cape and hot pink mini skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...