Saturday 16 January 2016

Needle Felted Robin



Uh oh! A new craft medium! Like I needed to add to my distractions.

But add I did. I asked for a needle felting kit for Christmas. When I say "asked", I mean that I ordered it, took delivery and gave it to my husband to wrap. I chose well for myself, I must say. I got a starter kit from Heidi Feathers and it has all the equipment I would ever need, plus loads of different colours of wool. Even the box is nice.

The felting was fun, and incredibly addictive. I started it just before dinner and I admit that dinner was very late that night. I did feel cruel, stabbing a tiny animal in the eyes.


There is just one problem, I am not that happy with how the "robin" looks. I think he looks more like a mouse with wings and a tail. I'll have to practice some more to really get the hang of it and to get some decent expressions into the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...