Friday 8 January 2016

Top 5 of 2015: Knitting

#sewingtop5 from Crafting a Rainbow is such a simple yet brilliant thing to do. In her words, "I think it's so important to look back, reflect, and take time to be proud of ourselves." So I'll do just that.

When I looked back at my blog entries for 2015, the projects that jumped out at me were almost all knitting ones. Thus, I am extending the rules slightly to include my top 5 knitting/yarn projects and my top 5 sewing ones.

Knitting

Considering this was the year that I tried to spend less time knitting, 2015 might be an #epicfail as I have 11 finished knitting projects on Ravelry. The good news is that I haven't been suffering from RSI, as I did in 2014, so I have been kind to my hands and given them some time off.

1. Afmæli Pullover



My first FO for 2015, even though most of the work was done in 2014. This is my favourite make. Perhaps of all time... I wear this constantly and it made a splendid Christmas jumper in 2015.




2. Learning to Crochet


Here I am, bending the rules again. OK, so it is not knitting, but it is still working with yarn. One of my goals for 2015 was to learn to crochet so, in January, I signed up for a class. Crochet is the reason that my wrists have healed. I've even gone one better and bought one of those hooks with a rubber handle. My 14 crochet projects have mostly been small squares and scrappy things, but I've recently made some doll garments that I'm very pleased with.


3. Ruby Tuesday Cardigan



Like my Afmæli, this is a cardigan that I live in, only in the Summer. The solid navy colour and sport weight yarn are the perfect ingredients for a wardrobe staple. Since I posted this, I went back and crocheted a new button band so I could add buttons all the way through the front, making it even more wearable.




4. Child's Cardigan



The yarn is the winner in this story, it is so soft and scrummy, how could anything not turn out nicely. This is such a perfect wardrobe staple, and looks neat and tidy. It is her favourite cardigan too.





5. Shawl(ette)



My first, and only, lace shawl; made wearable by being a shawlette. I do wear this as a scarf and I have some new laceweight cashmere yarn to enable some serious lace knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...