Sunday 31 May 2015

#MMM'15 - Part II

I, Cathy of Cathy Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear an item of me-made clothing:
- five days a week
- one of the days each week to be entirely me-made
- one of the weeks to be seven days of something me-made
for the duration of May 2015.

Here is my second installment of Me-Made-May 2015.

Week 3




Day 1: Saturday 16th May
Me Mades: Miette II Cardigan, Cowl Neck Top
Worn to: take children to horse riding party

Day 2: Sunday 17th May
MM: Red Dress
Worn to: drinks and dinner

Day 3: Monday 18th May
MM: Dahlia Dress, Florence Scarf
Worn to: work

Day 4: Tuesday 19th May
MM: Green Sprig Top
Worn to: work

Day 5: Wednesday 20th May
MM: Red Dress
Worn to: the races

Week 4



Day 1: Saturday 23rd May
MM: Sorbetto Dress
Worn to: take kids to weekend activities

Day 2: Sunday 24th May
MM: Cambie Birds Dress
Worn to: lunch with friends

Day 3: Monday 25th May
MM: Liberty Mimi Blouse, Miette II Cardigan
Worn to: Hampton Court Palace outing

Day 4: Tuesday 26th May
MM: Wild Red Skirt, Mustard Cardigan
Worn to: friends house for coffee

Day 5: Wednesday 27th May
MM: Silver Pin Dot T-shirt
Worn to: kids birthday party

Day 6: Thursday 28th May
MM: Broderie Dress, Miette Cardigan
Worn to: have friends to play at home

Day 7: Friday 29th May
MM: Mustard T-shirt and Cardigan
Worn to: Odds Farm outing

And finally, Week 5, Day 1: Saturday 30th May
MM: Mustard Cardigan



Post MMM Analysis

Most worn garment: Tie between Mustard and Miette II Cardigans. Four times each. They are both great neutral basics that I can throw on over almost anything in my wardrobe. I'm also aware that these are pretty close to something I might buy RTW.

I do enjoy getting out and about in my Me-Mades, but it also makes me feel more self-conscious about my clothing choices. I am well aware that they are extremely colourful and not always my signature style. That said, the whole point of the exercise is to get them out and about to help decide what to make more of and what to make less of.

Here is a list of me-mades that didn't get worn this month, and why:

Icelandic Jumper: pure Icelandic wool knit in seasonal colours, need I say more?
Gold Cable Cashmere Jumper: Ditto, definitely not Spring garb.
Clara Knit Vest: Gone out of style due to the length and sleevelessness. I still love this yarn though. Consider frogging.
Red Spot Sorbetto: Let's face it, I'm never going to wear this. Time to turn it into a sewing machine cover.
Navy Spot Sundress: I completely love this dress, but the fabric really has faded so much it is not wearable any more (sniff). I must remove the zip to make sure I am not tempted.
Chiffon top: Not warm enough, not enough days at the office. I promise to wear this on my first sunny June day back in the office. Update: worn on 2nd June.
70's dress: this one is a bit iffy. I've worn it twice since I made it but it doesn't really get much of an outing
Garden Skirt: Planned to wear it on the last weekend in May, but the weather has been terrible. I do wear this quite a bit in nice weather. Update: worn on 5th June.

20 items worn. 7 of them more than once.
8 items not worn: 3 knitwear, 5 summer cottons.
Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...