Thursday 4 July 2013

Butterfly biscuits


I made these sugar cookies for the school cake sale.  

I got the butterfly shaped cookie cutter from the front of a cake decorating magazine and I used the recipe inside too.

I carried on with the magazine advice and went all out, piping the outline in thicker icing (too thick: I should have gone for soft peaks and not stiff peaks, as it turns out.)  I tried the idea of "flooding" the inside of the piped lines with runny icing but my icing was running all over the place so I just spread it inside with a small knife.  I took the easy option of decorating with sprinkles and the pink bodies were the only colour I could manage from the remains of the pale blue icing.  I just drizzled them in place.

I have a love/hate relationship with cake decorating and it probably shows in my results.  I would rate that I am fairly happy with them: they look acceptable and they taste great.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...