Tuesday 4 June 2013

Spinning


Boy oh boy, I am jealous: the girls have spun yarn!

We went to a County Fair, mainly so I could scope out the craft entries, and the girls had a go of spinning fleece.  They loved it!  My eldest was so intent on her craft, paying close attention to stretching and twisting the yarn as it went in; or so she told me - I have no idea if that's really how it works 'cause I didn't get a go!

We didn't linger long, although I spied a drop-spindle too.  The spinner kindly pulled out a bit of yarn they had spun and gave it to the girls.  It has a bit of unspun fleece still at the end and it feels lovely and smooshy.  I have to think of something to do with this 1m of yarn, maybe an embroidery flower on the next cardigan or hat?  It's too precious to have hanging around the toys until I get fed up and throw it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...