Wednesday 12 June 2013

Ruffle Sorbetto



I had to make something for myself from this red spot fabric.  I went for my second Sorbetto.


Here’s how I added the ruffle to the front pleat:
1. Cut out pattern pieces
2.  Sew centre seam into pleat and press.  Don't baste pleat to top and bottom of front bodice.
3. Cut strips of fabric for ruffle.  My length is 1.5 times the length of the pleat.
4. Hem one side of ruffle, gather other side.
5. Baste under pressed pleat.
6. Top stitch through all the layers of front bodice, ruffle and pleat to secure.
7. Staystich top and bottom of front bodice through ruffle and pleat to hold in place while you finish the neckline and hem.


I could have made the centre pleat a little narrower, and/or added more rows of top stitching down the pleat.  I seamed over the ruffle at the top and bottom to anchor it to the garment, but it could be hemmed and left open too.

Again, I should lengthen this top.  I added 1cm, but I think it needs another inch: 3.5cm total.  I’ve removed 1.5cm from the bottom of each armhole, and I added two darts in the back, after I took these photos.

Cost: £11.92 (1/3 of red spot fabric project costs)

Next project for this fabric: another little girl’s dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...