Friday 21 March 2014

Seatbelt Pad


Who is enjoying Series 2 of the Great British Sewing Bee? I am! I love Sewing Bee and it was last year's show that got me back into sewing, after 19 years. Geez, I feel old!

I don't normally sew while I watch television, but a little sewalong was definitely in order. I got on with making a seatbelt pad for the second little darling. Her sister has had one since birth but this child needs one too: she is out of the 5-point harness and using the seatbelt in the usual way. Even with a booster seat, it rubs right up against their necks.


I chose her favourite fabric, she told me this weekend that this dress is her favourite. As I always strive for customer satisfaction, I took that as my cue to use up the last of it.

I used Craftiness is Not Optional's tutorial for a seatbelt cover. I didn't follow her dimensions because I already had a working model that I could copy direct. I did do her quilting and binding. I couldn't figure out how to get the binding sewn down on the back. It was beautiful at the front but it didn't turn over nicely. So I improvised and got this as my result.


Guess what? The little darling doesn't want it. She wants Sammy Seatbelt.

Thank goodness first little darling wants it instead. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...