Sunday 12 January 2014

Circle Skirts



Two circle skirts for the two girls.



Easy peasy, and yet quite fiddly, with a lot of fabric needed.


The fabric is from an eBay seller I buy from, Favourite Fabrics. 2.1m Temari Sakura Balls, Airforce Blue, cotton (£11.24 inc shipping)


I used a variety of Google sources for the circle skirt tutorials. I never got the maths quite right but I did a gathered waistband so it didn't have to be precise. The waistband gathers were a bit beyond my imagination for a while, but I got there in the end.


I made bias binding for the hem, using the last of the dyed shirt fabric. Making that much binding, pinning and sewing it all into place - twice - was the long road to the finish line for these beauties. I love how the colours match perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...