Sunday 8 December 2013

Knitted Christmas Tree Decorations


These Julekuler were the perfect way to try my hand at stranded colour knitting. 


They are small enough that it feels like making a sample, and they come together quickly, but you actually have a result at the end.


I bought some polystyrene craft balls to stuff them with. I like how they give a perfectly round shape, which toy stuffing just would not achieve. My gauge ended up being right for the 7mm size.


The pattern I started with is called Balls Up! Ravelry link here. I ended up drafting or modifying designs to fit the number of stitches. There are loads more I want to make. I like the red backgrounds better, on the white there is more likelihood of the darker yarn showing from underneath.


Merry Christmas! X

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...