Sunday 13 May 2018

Me-Made-May 2018 - Week 2

I, Cathy of Cathy's Makes, pledge to wear a different item of me-made clothing during each day of May 2018.


Monday 7th May
Wore: 70s Beach Dress (2013)
Weather, Activity: Hot, sunny, 26C; Gardening, still oiling the deck
Thoughts: This was about the only choice I had today for very warm weather clothing: dress, sleeveless, lighweight. It fitted the bill, but I have RTW stuff that I like better.

Tuesday 8th May
Wore: Navy Pin Dot Peony Dress (2015)
Weather, Activity: Warm, 24C; Work
Thoughts: I could get away with this today because London still has a weekend hangover and people are not ready to forgo their summer clothing. I like this better than I did when I first made it. Waistband is getting a bit tight tho.

Wednesday 9th May
Wore: B&W Stripe Skirt (2014)
Weather, Activity: Pleasant, 23C; Work, Art Club
Thoughts: I enjoy wearing this skirt a great deal and it usually gets a couple of outings a year. Always with a black top. It works particularly well in Spring and Autumn. I do wish I had made the pleats smaller though - it hangs too heavy in the front.


Thursday 10th May
Wore: Chiffon Top (2013)
Weather, Activity: Mild, 17C; Work
Thoughts: Hurrah! I finally wore this top during Me Made May! For years I have been making excuses and it is so nice to get out some different clothing for a change.

Friday 11th May
WoreBamboo Cardigan (2016)
Weather, Activity: Windy, 19C; Exercise, MyGuide, school run, finished oiling the deck.
Thoughts: I didn't get changed after exercise today, but actually I think this photo is one of my favourites

Saturday 12th May
WoreVogue Coat (2016)
Weather, Activity: Rainy, 15C; Brunch.
Thoughts: I still really enjoy wearing this coat.
Wore:  Eurovision Skirt (2017)
Activity: Watching Eurovision
Thoughts: I tried to go for the Buck's Fizz look by repurposing this skirt with a primary coloured top. It would be fun to make the full version of this costume. (But it's never going to happen!)

Sunday 13th May
WoreMolly Dress (2018)
Weather, Activity: Chilly, 17C; Tidying up.
Thoughts: I don't like this dress. I only wore it because I was staying home and it was Me Made May. What I actually wanted to wear was my pyjamas and Stride Socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...