Sunday 6 May 2018

Me-Made-May 2018 - Week 1: Skirts


I, Cathy, of Cathy's Makes, pledge to wear a different item of me-made clothing every day of May 2018.

As the first week of Me Made May kicked off, I wore three skirts in three days. So I thought, why not carry on and make this skirt week? Luckily the weather changed half way through and I got to wear my winter and then my summer skirts.


Tuesday 1st May
Worn: Wine Wool Skirt (2014)
Weather, Activity: Windy 13 C, Work.
Thoughts: I've worn this skirt a few times this winter. I've not pegged it, mainly because of the hassle of re-doing the hem around the double vents. I don't love it with this cardigan, my outfits in 2017 and 2015 are better, but I wanted to wear it differently.

Wednesday 2nd May
WornCashmere Delphine Skirt (2016)
Weather, Activity: Rainy 13 C, Work
Thoughts: I've worn this exact same outfit a few times this season. Nothing new to see here. It's getting a bit worn out, but I'm not about to part with it.

Thursday, 3rd May
Worn: Floral Scuba Skirt (2018)
Weather, Activity: Party Cloudy 17 C, Work
Thoughts: I made this skirt on Saturday and wore this same outfit on Sunday. The weather got nicer and I thought I'd round out my first three days and make it a series of skirts.


Friday 4th May
Worn: Teal Cord Erin Skirt (2017)
Weather, Activity: Fine & Sunny, 19 C; Volunteering
Thoughts: This is the first time I've worn this skirt without tights and it worked really well, especially for the kind of day that seemed pleasant but was not truly hot.

Saturday 5th May
Worn: Garden Skirt (2014)
Weather, Activity: Warm & Sunny, 23 C; Oiling the deck (see the stripes?)
Thoughts: It was nice to wear this skirt for Me Made May for a change. I chose this one because it was short enough to move about in when I was working.

Sunday 5th May
Worn: Wild Red Skirt (2014)
Weather, Activity: Warm & Sunny, 24 C; Family dinner out
Thoughts: I was still oiling the deck, but I changed into this outfit to go out with the kids for dinner. I still think I should take an inch off the length.

I also wore my Suzy Taylor Daydream PJ Shorts (2017), but I didn't feel like posting a picture of me in my jammies on the internets.

I've pulled these photos from my Instagram feed, I decided to post there once every three days rather than every day. I don't post that much, and I don't want to fill it up with pictures of myself. I like to think that I'll maintain the discipline over the month. I'm not going to post anything else and then the whole grid of nine pictures will be 27 tiny photos of me! Standing exactly the same way!

Next week might be Tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...