Thursday 1 June 2017

Cabled Baby Jacket


From a high of 25 items knitted or crochet in 2015, my output has declined dramatically. At the end of May, I have completed two things, one of which took up most of 2016 being knitted. This cardigan/jacket is the only thing I have started and finished in 2017.


Baby gifts are a worthy knit though. This one took me two months, but they are relatively quick, very satisfying and often well received too.

I really like this Rowan Tweed, now discontinued, which I bought on sale in 2011, knowing it would be great for boy-baby gifts. This pattern took about 2.5 balls, and I still have 1.5 left.

The pattern is Trellis, linked on Ravelry here, and I got the bamboo buttons from The Button Lady in Hampstead Antiques Market.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...