Tuesday 13 October 2015

Tulle Dress-to-Skirt Refashion



A quick dress-to-skirt refashion of this tulle creation. I probably shouldn't even post this, but I am.



The dress was the perfect thing to refashion. It had been cute on a 4 year old but the bodice was showing the wear with stains to boot. The tulle skirt, on the other hand, was still in very good condition.




Because the dress had an empire line waist, I figured I could get it to fit an 8 year old waist as a skirt. Whole thing lower = same circumference. I didn’t even have to change the opening. It was a button back so I left the single button in the new waistband. 

I cut off the top of the bodice, about 2 inches above the waistband. The dress is a thin, silky polyester with a cotton voile lining, and I needed to give them some structure. I added a strip of heavyweight interfacing in the waistband opening, then folded the raw edges in on each other and topstitched down.



That's it. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...