Friday 30 October 2015

Doll Ghost Costume


OK, I admit, this almost doesn't count as making, but make it I did, so here it goes.

I had this piece of white polycotton which I tried out as a lining in my Black & White Skirt. It is not slippery enough to stop it riding up when I wear tights, so I took it out and threw it over the doll's head.

Not really! I took a while, deciding how the doll should wear it. The best solution was to fold the fabric along the short edge and sew two side seams half way up, leaving the half nearest the fold open for armholes. My lining piece had darts in it, and I left the hem in place too. I pinked the new hem and any other raw edges. The selvedge is the raw edge at the back.


Since dolls don't actually have to see, I could totally cheat and draw the face on with tailor's chalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...