Tuesday 2 September 2014

London Dress for Dolls


Finding fabrics printed with interesting graphics is challenging for the home sewer, so when some landed in my lap, I immediately planned a border skirt.

Before: an airline toiletry bag.
After: a doll's dress.

Can you spot the London landmarks, in amongst the cosmetic bottles?


I used 3 of these bags for the dress. The skirt is three print panels, which are on the front of the bag only.  The bodice and lining are cut from the reverse of one bag each. One drawstring cord was just long enough for a tie belt. Longer if I had bothered to untie the knots, instead of just cutting them off and melting them in the gas hob.


I used my go-to doll dress pattern, used here and here. Between that and the Popover Sundress, I only have two doll dress patterns. I got stingier on the velcro this time, it only needs 2-3 pieces to fasten, not a whole strip.

Cost: 3 x business class flights on British Airways. Long haul only.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...