Monday 1 September 2014

Doll hat and scarf

The leaves are blowing across the lawn, the nights are getting shorter, and colder. Our thoughts turn to Winter, getting cosy and knitting.

Naturally, I thought of the dolls first...


I had this 4ply yarn in navy and thought it was a good weight and colour for them.  I made up the patterns as I went along.

First, the scarf is 9 stitches, knit in garter stitch, with seed stitch for a few rows to edge.


The hat is 74 stitches, ribbed edge, then stocking stitch for about 1.5 inches. I knit 2 together 6 times around the crown to decrease. I did the decreases every second row until the last 2-3 rows when I made them every row. Finally, I pulled the last 8 stitches through the remaining yarn and weaved in to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...