Tuesday 29 July 2014

Popover Isle of Wight Dresses


The second Isle of Wight Dress needed to be quick and easy or it wasn't going to make it to the Isle of Wight for a photoshoot. Luckily the Oliver & S Popover Sundress is just that. 

I've made the doll dress before but not the child size. This is a really cute style in both sizes. Plus it is quick and uses very little fabric. And the pattern is free! What's not to like?

I especially love how the scale changes in the doll dress, turning an overly busy fabric into something more special. I added a row of white piping between the yoke and the dress and I made the straps out of the same fabric as the dress and yoke.

I did French seams and I really must add side seam pockets next time.


Cost:
Fabric (both): £0.91

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...