Monday 1 December 2014

Christmas Booties


A novelty knit from the yarn attached to a magazine.

I almost didn't bother but there is always a baby in the tummy in my family and including them in the Christmas gift giving is fun, so I went ahead and knitted these up.

Bonus: I've never tried socks before so these were a great sock-trial. I quite enjoyed it, the little heel was fun and I even used the proper Kitchener stitch for binding off the second one.

The pattern is actually very poor. The cuff is knitted separately and then seamed on to the sock. Really, it should be incorporated into the design. Perhaps they were trying to make it easy for beginners. The cuffs curled up completely and because they are acrylic, blocking made no difference. Once they were sewn on, the curl flattened slightly, but not much. I don't know of a satisfactory fix for that, other than knitting with wool.

Regardless, the baby is being included in our Christmas celebrations. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...