Saturday 5 October 2013

Dress-to-skirt upcycle



When we pulled out one of E's favourite dresses today, she was devastated because one of the sleeves was destroyed and the dress was unwearable.

I didn't get a before picture because she was so upset that I set to work on it as fast as I could.  Instead, here is an after picture of the leftover bodice. How on earth does that kind of damage happen to 100% acrylic fibres?


A snippety-snip later, the ruined bodice was off, (buttons salvaged, of course) raw edge zig-zagged, turned over, elastic in. Done in 10 minutes - while supervising her weekend homework. 

Not my prettiest work but she needed new clothes and she likes it so I feel like a supermum! (I have to find some compensation for my many shortcomings!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...