Sunday 27 October 2013

Cosy Cabled Hat


This hat actually took about a day to knit but it has taken me a week because of the number of times I restarted it. I struggled to get a neat cast on for the brim; everything I tried and then joined in the round looked like a mess because of the stretching caused by the magic loop method. In the end, I did a single cast on with two extra stitches and knit back and forth until the fabric was stable. Then I could join without distorting the hat. I seamed the open part afterwards and it has come out really well.
I'm not sure about the size and shape, the pattern is for an adult but this one is better for a child. I can wear it but it stretches and makes the cables look ugly. I have enough yarn left that I will make this again for me (I have a pullover that I am matching this to). For an adult size, I am going to add one more set of cables (8 sts) and continue for one more inch or so before decreasing.
Ravelry notes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...