Wednesday 7 August 2013

Granny's buttons


I'm lucky enough to have a stash of vintage buttons.  Some are from my Grandmother, some are from my mother (70s originals!), the one I used for the little blue dress came from a pair of dungarees that I myself wore as a toddler.

The buttons have been stored in various bags and drawers and I finally got a jar to display them.  I have my sewing stuff out in the living room the whole time, I might as well make decor of it, right?  The girls had fun emptying all the buttons into the jar and I had them empty all those little packages of spare buttons that come with coats and jackets.  We had a guessing game to see how far up the jar the buttons would come.  I won, they thought more.

The extra bonus was the Kilner jar so I can decorate it with scraps of fabric from my projects.  It fits right in on the mantlepiece!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...