Wednesday 3 January 2018

Happy New Year... Tablecloth


Pretty simple, but a black linen tablecloth is one that I have wanted for a while. Black looks elegant and glamorous and doesn't show the marks.

I have a long rectangular table that is over 2 meters in length. I got 3 meters of black linen from Amazon and have about 50cm left over. The width wasn't quite wide enough to hide the edges of my table protector so I added a border of black cotton to the edges. The border is 5.25 inches wide but doubled over and topstitched down. I got a bit tired of mitred corners so I didn't get around to making the four matching napkins, but I got this on the table in time for New Years Eve.

Happy New Year!


Costs:
  Linen: 3m, Amazon, £21.54
  Cotton: 2 yards, Southern Fabrics, £14.41
  Thread: used previously, £0.00
Total: £35.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...