Sunday 30 April 2017

Me-Made-May '17 Pledge


'I, Cathy of Cathy Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '17. I endeavour to wear something me-made each day for the duration of May 2017'

This is my fourth Me-Made-May challenge, and I am so looking forward to it. My wardrobe has not increased exponentially, but the things I have made are much more wearable than my first efforts with quilting cotton.

The garments I have added to my wardrobe since MMM'16 are:
Peony Dress totally appropriate for Spring in the UK.
Black Karen Drape Dress one of my favourite dresses.
Vogue Coat which will likely be worn to work every single day in May. And definitely if I am lucky enough to be invited back to the Chelsea Flower Show.
Silver Bamboo Cardigan which I am already wearing this season.
Hibiscus Mock Wrap Dress which needs fixing as the neckline has gaped. I'm hoping a run of elastic through the bias binding will solve.
Molly Top which is going in the bin on 1 June as the fabric is awful and has already started to fall apart.
Wool Jersey Karen Dress ...let me count the ways in which I love thee.

That's only 7 garments for me in the last 12 months. My Coco Dress makes it 8, but it is not suitable for the season. Makes me think that the 3 or so makes I have planned might not all come out before the end of May: pyjama top (totally counts!), Alex shirt and a t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...