Friday 17 June 2016

Calligraphy


I learned another new skill this week: Calligraphy at Tea and Crafting.

This is my second workshop there, I learned to crochet last year, and am happy to say that I have been doing it ever since.

I just love Copperplate Calligraphy, and I tried to teach myself in the past. Like all worthwhile endeavours, it takes practice, and I just didn't put the work in. Then my pen ran out of ink cartridges, and... you know how it goes.

So I tried again, this time with the help of Suzie of A'Laise. Her elegant branding and fun personality were a delight, and we got lots and lots of writing done. The sample above, was my final page of the night, although Suzie was the one who wrote my name!

I'm definitely inspired to keep practicing, and am so looking forward to buying more supplies from Suzie's beautiful online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...