Tuesday 21 October 2014

Doll Witch Hat & Trick-or-Treat Bag


I can finally say that the dolls are ready for Halloween! I'm sure I've put more time and effort into one doll's costume than I have for both my children's costumes. That's not a problem, is it? 


A hat is obviously the defining piece for any witch worth her broomstick. (Broomstick? I guess I am not quite finished...) This hat was very easy to put together by hand using a small rectangle of felt from the dollar store. I cut it into two unequal pieces, one for the crown and one for the brim. I rolled the larger piece into a cone shape, stitched the edges down, then trimmed the bottom flat. The brim is a circle, with the centre circle cut out.


It is small for the dolls head, so I decided to secure it by using one of the doll's plastic hairbands. I used an old hair elastic to make two elastic loops on the underside. These can be used to slide the hat on to the headband. They were bar-tacked in place by machine. The hatband is from the refashion that kept on giving: a strip of knit fabric, hand sewn into place.


I made two doll size trick-or-treat bags. They both came from one more rectangle of black felt. I cut off a strip along the long edge and used this for the side pieces. The handles are ribbon and the motifs are table confetti, glued into place.


Cost: £0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...