Friday 21 February 2014

Knitted Wrist Warmers


These were knitted from a kit that came with a knitting magazine.

I reversed the colours and made the background in the darker colour. When I do any stranded colourwork, I find the dark floats show through the light background, and I thought dark might show dirt less!

The opening for the thumb is dissappointing. I would have liked a more sophisticated finish than just leaving the seam open. I expect the mag and pattern designer were trying to make it less complicated for beginners. I've never seen a pattern that offers different methods by level of experience, but that would have worked well in this pattern.

They took me about a month to make but that was over a holiday period and we were travelling. They were a nice, portable project to take with me with minimal thinking and counting to stop me from being sociable while knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...