Saturday 2 November 2013

Dual Ghouls


These two little ghosties had fun trick-or-treating on Halloween!

The costumes had been requested for months and I knew it would be easy to oblige.

The little one fitted into one meter of polycotton that I got at the Isle of Wight this summer. The big one is much taller and her costume had to be cut from my favourite blue sheet. Yes, I will be washing these, unpicking them and putting them back in my stash.

I seamed a few large darts though the head area to pull the fabric closer to their faces. It made it (slightly) easier to see if the holes were up against their eyes. Otherwise, the edges were cut with pinking shears and I stitched around the eye holes to reinforce them.  I left the edges completely unfinished at the hems.

Unfortunately, wearing a sheet over your head to go up and down stairs, kerbs, cross roads and be offered candy by strangers wearing scary costumes is not easy. They want to be witches next year.


Text

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...